Cooking Time: 15 mins
Recipe Level: Easy
Shelf Life: Can be stored in the fridge for a day
Sauce pan with lid and whisk
- 4 tbsp of oats
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 Tsp cup of crushed almond
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- Honey/ Maple Syrup (to taste)
- Combine the water and oats in a saucepan over a low heat on the hob
- Stir continuously as the porridge cooks – this should take 7-10 minutes, but never let the mixture dry out, add in more water if your oats start to stick to the pan.
- Stir through the almond powder and chia seeds, then cover the pan with a lid and turn off the heat, allow the porridge to sit for a minute while the chia seeds soak up the liquid (and it cools down enough to eat!).
- Spoon your porridge into a jar, scatter with blueberries and sprinkle the cinnamon powder.
- Drizzle with honey or Maple Syrup before serving.
If you like your porridge more crunchy (like I do), spoon some oats into the jar before adding cooked porridge.