My daughters love coconut ladoos and I make them with no nuts as my elder daughter is allergic to all tree-nuts. Its a quick and easy sweet to make and healthy as well, so it checks all boxes for me as a mom.
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Rolling time: 10 mins
Recipe Level: Easy
Shelf Life: Eat fresh/ refrigerate in a air tight jar
Serving Suggestion: With toasted bread or khubz
A sauce pan, tray and a shallow bowl
- 220 grams of sweetened condensed milk (I used Nestle)
- A generous pinch of cardamom powder
- 120 grams of desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsps desiccated coconut for garnishing
- 2 teaspoon of milk
- If desiccated coconut is very coarse, blend it in the mixer for a while to make it fine.
- Mix together coconut and condensed milk and milk in a sauce pan on a hob.
- Begin to heat until the mixture turns hot and comes together as a mass (low heat otherwise the coconut will start to roast and turn brown).
- Add cardamom powder.
- When the mixture comes down to warm temperature, pinch small portions and roll to balls.
- Roll them immediately in coconut.
- Add dry roasted chopped nuts as desired (pistachios, almonds, cashews).
- The nuts can be stirred in with the cardamon powder.