The yellow zucchini’s (courgettes or koosa) looked so inviting at the supermarket, that had to buy them. Here is a quick and easy zucchini spears recipe that makes for a lovely starter or side.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Recipe Level: Easy
Shelf Life: Eat fresh and crunchy
A baking sheet, cooling rack, bowl and big spoon.
- 6 medium sized zucchinis, make spears lengthwise
- 170gm parmesan cheese triangle – grated
- 1⁄2 tsp dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and then lay an oven-safe cooling rack over the parchment paper. Rub the cooling rack with 1⁄2 the olive oil to coat and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Place the sliced zucchini in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle the remaining 1⁄2 tbsp. olive oil over. Toss to coat evenly.
- Add the parmesan-spice mixture and toss to coat.
- Place the zucchini spears onto the prepared cooling rack on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle any remaining parmesan-spice mixture from the bowl over the squash and zucchini.
- Place into the oven and bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
- If the zucchini is too watery, add in a teaspoon of cornflour in the mixture.