GREEN APPLE & CABBAGE SALAD/WALDORF SALAD
Green Apples are low in cholesterol, rich in antioxidants & helps in digestion. It’s a Mediterranean take on Waldorf Salad. This is one of the less ingredients, quick salad recipe which is healthy & can be made in advance for a brunch party.
Also couldn’t help it, I have to write this, my husband likes to eat a lot of salads & if you read my Brussels sprout recipe you know he doesn’t like cabbage so its yet another successful attempt to make him eat what he thinks he doesn’t like. Challenge won twice (winners smile ;))
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Recipe Level: Easy
Spice Level: Low
Serves: 5-6 People
Shelf Life: store it in an airtight container & refrigerate for up to 4 days
Dietary: Healthy, Contains egg in Mayo
1 Big bowl
1 Small bowl
2 Green apples-peeled & cut into small pcs
½ Small Green cabbage- thinly shredded
2 tbsp Mayo
2 tbsb hung yogurt
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Big Garlic-chopped finely
½ tsp Sumac Powder/Cayenne Powder
1/3 cup Pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup Roasted Walnuts
½ tsp Salt (Adjust to taste)
Mix all the above
- Mix Cut Green Apple, Cabbage & roasted walnuts in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing & mix well & chill for 2-3 hrs.
- Garnish with walnuts, pomegranate seeds & sumac powder.
- Salt the cabbage & keep it aside for 20 mins. This not only will season the cabbage, but it also draws out excess moisture & enhances flavor & crispiness.
- Can be made vegetarian if you add veg mayo.