METHI CORN TIKKI (CUTLET)
Festive season is a few weeks away but we have already started feeling festive & hence wanted to make some Indian starter for teen patti party at our home.
We start teen patti sessions a month before diwali. Everyone hosts a Cards night at their place. This one is favorite form last year & I will be making this time again.
Methi Corn Tikki, is a twist from a normal cutlet. We add some methi, corn , bread crumbs & of course some potato.
You can bake them or fry them. Both ways it tastes yumm. I usually shallow fry & then reheat them in Oven.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Recipe Level: Easy to Intermediate
Spice Level: Medium
Serves: 5-6 People
Shelf Life: 1-2 days if refrigerated
Serving Suggestion: Serve with green chutney on side as evening snack or starter in a party
Dietary: Vegetarian, vegan, healthy, Gluten free, Nut free
1 Not stock Pan
1 Deep medium size bowl
1 Cup boiled mashed potato
½ Cup breadcrums- cut into small pcs
½ Cup methi (fenugreek leaves) – washed & chopped
½ Cup sweet corn- boiled
1tsp grated ginder
1 Green chilli chopped
1tsp Minced garlic (optional)
1tbsp oil for cooking
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin powder
1 tbsp Dhaniya Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder (Adjust as per taste)
1 tbsp Salt (Adjust as per taste)
- Boil Potatoes and mash them
- Boil corn
- Take a boil , add everything and mix.
- Make golf size balls & flatten them by hand
- Heat a pan/tawa & brush with oil
- Place cutlets & cook them both sides on medium flame
- Serve them with green chutney.
- You can make them one day in advance for a party till step 2
- You can also bake them in oven. Put in a tray & brush them with oil & bake for 40-45 min @180 degree Celsius. Turn them half way, brushing the other side.
- Have it as a starter for any party (Diwali Party) or in evening as snacks with hot cup of tea.