It is healthy, gluten free and ready with ingredients in your pantry. I limit the amount of gluten we eat to 2-3 times a week, as it helps us manage our overall gut health. The bananas have to be ripe for the flavor to be rich, and chocolate chips lend a beautiful complimentary taste layer.
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Recipe Level: Easy
Spice Level: None
Serves: 4 People
Shelf Life: Eat fresh
Serving Suggestion: Good for breakfast, snack or on the go. Is delish with peanut butter and whipped cream topping 🙂
An electric blender, bread loaf pan/ baking cardboard moulds.
- 1.5C or 150 gms Oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A pinch salt
- 1/3C chocolate chips/ nuts & dry fruits (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla extract or powder
- 1/3 C or 75ml or 75 gms cooking oil
- 1/2C or 100 gms granulated white sugar
- 1/4C or 60 ml yogurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Toast the oats in a pan to release nutty flavor. Grind, sieve and keep.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and use a mixer until smooth and well combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. (Garnish the top of the batter with thinly sliced banana or broken oats, if desired)
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool completely.
- Store bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You may decorate with slices of banana and chocolate chips or a sprinkle of oats