Who loves Indian food & rice dishes but are bored of trying same things.
Mexican rice is perfect dish for you & will leave you excited with its spicy & tangy flavor.
Made this dish to welcome our new neighbors & they loved it too. Have it with salsa or guacamole or just like that. I am sure you will love it.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Recipe Level: Easy to Intermediate
Spice Level: Medium
Serves: 3-4 People
Shelf Life: Best to have fresh. Can be eaten upto 2 days if kept in cool temperature.
Serving Suggestion: Have as it or serve with Guacamole , Salsa , Sour cream in tacos
- 1 Green , Red & Yellow Capsicum / Bell Peppers cut into small cubes
- 1 Medium size chopped onion
- 2 medium size tomato cut into small cubes or pureed
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 2 Green chilli- chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeno chopped
- 1 Garlic clove chopped
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup soaked & parboiled rice
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder (Adjust as per taste)
- 1 ½ tbsp Salt (Adjust as per taste)
- 1tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Tabascos (optional, if you like spicy)
RICE – soak rice for 2 hrs & par boil it in a open vessel so that you can check when to take it out. It will be cooked further when we make the dish.
VEGETABLES – Cut all vegetables into small cubes. Tomato you can make puree or chop them small.
- Heat oil in a wok & add chopped garlic & fry for 30 sec.
- Add green chillies & onion & fry them for another 30 sec
- Add capsicum & tomato & add salt & let them cook for 1-2 min with the lid on.
- Add black beans & corn & saute well.
- Add parboiled rice , chilli powder & cumin powder & mix well.
- Add jalapeno ,tabasco & mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve just like that or with salsa, sour cream & guacamole.
- It can also be used as a filling for Taco night along with some salsa, guacamole & sour cream.
- If corn is frozen, add at last with beans, if fresh, add at the same time as bell pepper.
- Recipe itself is spicy, so reduce if you cannot take the Mexican heat.
- I used long white grain rice, however, it will turn out to be equally tasty with any other rice.
- You can also top it with cheddar cheese.