Its my motley colored salad; the bright colorful vegetables are so cheerful and inviting; the ingredients are actually a little bit of this and a little bit of that which makes it so versatile that it can have many variations according to what one fancy’s. To further share an anecdote here, an ex-colleague would actually request for grilled chicken instead of Feta in her Med salad during our lunch meetings in Abu Dhabi at the La Brioche, and the restaurant team would oblige without batting an eye-lid. It actually opened my mind to the range of possibilities this presented 🙂 and have never looked back.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Assembly Time: 5 mins
Recipe Level: Easy
Spice Level: Low
Serves: 4 People
Shelf Life: Eat fresh
Serving Suggestion: By itself or as a side for barbecue or kebabs
A colander, chopping board, knife, a small container and serving bowl
- Half box of mixed salad leaves, rinsed and drained
- A few sprigs of mint leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in Half
- 1 Persian cucumbers, chopped in small cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced finely
- 100 gms Kalamata olives, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 avacado, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped in small cubes
- 4 baby red radish, rinsed and sliced finely
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Wash and drain all the leaves and vegetables and fruits.
- Peel and chop up the avocado and kiwi fruit, bell pepper and cucumber.
- Slice the red radish and cherry tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small container and give it a good shake.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, give it a good toss.
- It is a beautiful combination of salty, sweet and sour taste, you can add and enhance any one that you may like as per taste.
- Serve immediately.
- It is a mix and match salad and often my kiwi fruit is replaced with pineapple, mixed leaves with lettuce and I often add in feta a cheese, pumpkin seeds or onions.