Back from a family wedding, and feeling the weight of all the indulgent food and desserts. Time to kickstart a healthy routine on a minimal pantry till I can replenish my fridge. A quick and good option to start the regime, ready in under 10 minutes; a powerhouse of nutrients and fibre; Get, Set, Go!
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Recipe Level: Easy
Shelf Life: Can be stored in the fridge for a day
Sauce knife, chopping board, pan with lid, whisk and serving bowl
- 1 tsp of oats
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup of slivered almond
- 1 tbsp jumbo raisins (munaka)
- 1 handful of strawberries
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp Honey/ Maple Syrup (to taste – optional)
- A few leaves of mint for garnish
- Boil the milk and water in a saucepan over a low heat on the hob.
- Add oats and chia seeds- turn off the flame, let it sit in the hot milk and water concoction for 5-7 minutes.
- Slice some strawberries. Ladle the above mixture into a serving bowl. Lay on the strawberries, munaka’s, slivered almonds and honey.
- Perk it up with some mint leaves. Ready to Eat!
- Eat everyday for a healthy start to your day.