Appe pan Vegetarian Kofta’s
Do you love kofta’s? But detest frying or fried food? This recipe is for all those people out there, who hate the idea of frying.
It is quick, once you get a hang of it and makes for yummy kofta’s or with a few tweaks vegetarian Manchurians in no time sans the oodles of oil and the guilt that generally follows it.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Recipe Level: Easy
Spice Level: Medium
Shelf Life: Eat fresh
Food processor, Appe pan, mixing bowl, chopping board, knife and spatula.
- 2 small cabbage, pulse in food processor
- 1 Tbsp rice flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds powder
- 2 Tsp Ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Green Chillies finely chopped
- Oil for brushing
- Place Apps pan on medium heat, brush it with oil
- In a bowl, add the cabbage and all the listed ingredients except for oil.
- Use hands to pinch balls of the cabbage mixture, shape them gently and place them in the Appe pan depressions.
- As it turns golden on the bottom, gently turn the balls around to cook on all sides. Brush with oil, as required.
- In the end, turn off the flame and cover the app pan with a lid and let the cabbage balls cook all the way through in the steam.
- Turning around can be tricky, I use a spoon and turn off the flame while I am doing so but some are very adept at using the Appe pan needle.
- Pulse the cabbage when you are ready to cook as it gets watery if ends up sitting on the shelf after pulsing due to its high water content.